Posted by margie o on .
14. There is a rectangular piece of property that measures 188 ft by 100 ft. On the property there is a circular lake with a diameter of 72 ft. In the center of the lake there is a circular island with radius of 12 ft. The rest of the property is land. What percentage of the property is covered in water? Use 3.14 for and round your answer to the nearest tenth of a percent.=2.4%
15. You deposit $1500 to start a bank account that gives 5.4% interest, compounded annually. If you do not touch the account, how much will you have after 3 years? Make sure you round your answer to the nearest cent.=$1763.79
16. You find an old savings bond that originally cost $50. It has been compounding 3% interest annually for the last 75 years. How much is it worth? Make sure you round your answer to the nearest cent.=$474.39
14. I don't get the same answer.
a) Get size of property = 188 * 100 = 18800
b) Get size of lake = pi * 36^2 = 4069.44
c) Get size of island = pi * 12^2 = 452.16
d) Covered in water = (b) - (c)
Percentage = (d) / (a)
15. I don't get exactly this answer either, but very close - about $7 less. I don't think that the difference is due to rounding, but I'm not completely sure.
16. I don't get exactly this answer either. 1.03^75 = 9.1789. 9.1789 * 50 = 459.