Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:53pm.
1. the Palestinians were left without a homeland
a. after the Islamic religion was established
b. because Palistine was given to Ottomans
c. as a result of the Arab-Israeli War of 1948
d. because in 1947 Jews made up 70 percent of Palestine
2. The Balfour Declaration stated Britain's support for
a. suspending rights of Arabs living in Palestine
b. the creation of a Jewish national home in Palestine
c. an independent Arab country in Europe
d. a larger Jewish immigration to Palestine
3.In Israel, large quantities of potash are extracted by evaporating the water from
a. desalination plants
b. the Dead Sea
c. the Sea of Galilee
d. the Jordan River
4. Israel has transformed the Negev Desert into a mostly fertile green land primarily with the use of
a. artificial rainfall
b. crop rotation
c. topsoil brought in from seaside locations
d. improved irrigation
5. After 1948, more than half the Jews immigrating to Israel were the generally poorer
a. Sephardic Jews
b. Ethopian Jews
c. European Jews
d. Russian Jews
- Geography - mysterychicken, Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:56pm
6. Based on the 1932 census of Lebanon, political power was
a. divided proportionately among different religious groups
b. given only to Muslims
c. given only to Christians
d. given only two major religious groups, and was not shared with minorities like the Druze or Greek Orthodox Christians.
7. In 1990, Iraq invaded Kuwait and declared it a part of Iraq because
a. Iraq wanted to defend Islam
b. Iraq wanted to gain control of large percentage of the world's oi;
c. Kuwaitis wanted Kuwait to be a part of Iraq
d. Iraq wanted to access the Persian Gulf.
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:58pm
All your answers are correct.
- Geography - mysterychicken, Monday, October 19, 2009 at 7:06pm
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 19, 2009 at 7:11pm
- Geography - Savannah, Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 12:58pm
money invested to build and support new businesses
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- religion help - I just need help in these three:what points would be good talk ...
- geography - In 1979, iran's secular government was overthrown during the ? A. ...
- World History - In sowing seeds of peace the purpose of the camp in maine can ...
- geography - Jews were originally expelled from their homeland by the: A. ...
- History - In sowing seeds of peace the purpose of the camp on maine can best be...
- Isreali vs. Palestines - I have a power point presentation *due in the morning* ...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). What happened in the terrorist attacks on the United ...
- us history - Can you check if my answers are correct? When Jewish leaders ...
- history - can i get sites where i can find the answer which of the following is ...
- geography - 1. All of the following are among the Pillars of Islam except. A. ...