Posted by Anonymous on Monday, October 19, 2009 at 10:46am.
you swing the pail in a vertical circle of radius 0.900m.What minimum speed must you give the pail at the highest point of the circle if no water is to spill from it?
Physics - bobpursley, Monday, October 19, 2009 at 11:05am
well, centripetal force must be greater than weight
Physics - Anonymous, Monday, October 19, 2009 at 11:08am
i don't know where to go from there
Physics - bobpursley, Monday, October 19, 2009 at 11:22am
v is the minimum speed.
Physics - Young J. Hong, Friday, February 15, 2013 at 5:17pm
Consider the following equation in the y-direction.
Or in this case...
Tension equals to 0 because when the pail of water is at the highest point, tension is nonexistent.
Cancel out mass
Plug in values.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Physics - A rope is tied to a pail of water and the pail is swung in a ...
- AP Physics - A pail of water is rotated in a vertical circle of radius r = 1.49 ...
- physics - a rope is tied to a bucket of water, and the bucket is swung in a ...
- 5th grade math - Two pails of different sizes contain 34.5 liters of water ...
- Physics - Suppose you wish to whirl a pail full of water in a vertical circle ...
- physics - You have tied a short length of rope to the handle of a bucket full of...
- PHYSICS - 1.Suppose you wish to whirl a pail full of water in a vertical circle ...
- Math - Two pails contained a total of 21.8 liters of water. After 0.36 liters of...
- Math - A tank and a pail contained a total of 8346 ml of water.When 314 ml of ...
- Math - a rectaguler tub with dimesions 2m x 1m x 0.5 is filled with water using ...