Posted by LL on Monday, October 19, 2009 at 1:06am.
Carlyle Inc. is considering two mutually exclusive projects. Both require an initial investment of
$15,000 at t = 0. Project S has an expected life of 2 years with after-tax cash inflows of $7,000
and $12,000 at the end of Years 1 and 2, respectively. Project L has an expected life of 4 years
with after-tax cash inflows of $5,200 at the end of each of the next 4 years. Each project has a
WACC of 9.00%, and neither can be repeated. The controller prefers Project S, but the CFO
prefers Project L. How much value will the firm gain or lose if Project L is selected over Project S,
i.e., what is the value of NPVL - NPVS?
finance - hd, Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 1:02pm
finance - Jay, Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 11:26am
Foley systems is considering a new investment whose data are shown below. The equipment would be depreciated on a straight-line basis over the project'S 3 years life, would have a zero salvage value, and would require no additional net operating working capital. Revenues and operating costs are expected to be constant over the project'S life.. the tax rate is 34%. What is the NPV,IRR, AND probability index?
Cost of capital. 10%
Net investment. 75,000
Other options costs. 25,000
Depreciation rate. 33.33%
Tax rate. 35%
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- financial management - 1)The cost of a project is $500,000 and the present value...
- Financial Management - Company Information Wheel Industries is considering a ...
- Finance - Stone Inc. is evaluating a project with an initial cost of $8,450. ...
- Accounting - I am trying to figure out how to do this problem: scenarios (...
- Finance - (Inflation) A project’s initial investment is $40,000, and it has a ...
- finance - Sunshine Corporation is considering several long-term investments. ...
- accounting - . Preference Decisions: NPV vs. IRR vs. Profitability Index ...
- accounting - By Saturday, January 5, 2013, submit the following assignment: As a...
- Finance - Delta Software is considering a new project whose data are shown below...
- Finance - Cooper construction is considering purchasing new technologically ...