Posted by y912f on Friday, October 16, 2009 at 7:17pm.
i have to write a five-sentence paragraph with varied sentence beginnings on a topic.
topic: place you would like to visit:
it can either be descriptive, narrative, expository, or persuasive.
i think i'm doing descriptive
Part 1--Brainstorm List
-place i'd like to visit: Dubai
Topic Sentence _____________ - specific topic
_____________________ - specific impression (your impression of your topic)
concluding sentence __________________
use the details above to create each sentence for your paragraph.
Part 2--Five-Sentence Paragraph
- The first sentence is the topic sentence
Ex: The place I would like to visit most is Florida
Your topic sentence:
- The second sentence begins with an -ing word
Example: Swimming in the crystal clear water of Key West would be an incredible feeling.
Your second sentence:
- The third sentence begins with "To" plus action words.
Ex: To experience the wonders of Disney World would make me feel like a six-year-old agian.
Your third sentence:
- The fourth sentence begins with a prepositiomal phrase.
Ex. during a visit to florida, i also would lvoe to see Miami Beach and the fabulous hotels.
Your fourth sentence:
-The last sentence is the concluding sentence. This sentence summarizes your paragraph. Begin the last sentence with a words such as finally, certainly, surely, consequently, or hopefully.
Ex. Hopefully, my wishes will someday come true.
Your concluding sentence:
please help me
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 7:20pm
i need help because i don't really know why i want to visit dubai. i just always wanted to. i don't even know the special things that they have over there. so i don't know how to start with the outline. maybe i could include the fact that my cousins live there..?
Dubai -specific topic
a place i want to visit-specific impression
support #1- visit my relatives over there..?
surely one day i will get to go there-concluding sentence
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 7:23pm
Since this is a descriptive paragraph, you'll need to describe Dubai.
This site may help you develop a topic sentence and descriptions of Dubai.
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 7:29pm
well i don't thin i'm suppose to describe it in the topic sentence.
but i will need to do that in the supports
support#1 - The Burj Al Arab is the world's tallest hotel.
support#2 - desert activities
support#3 - beaches?
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 7:31pm
You're supposed to make a general statement in your topic sentence. I saw a sentence in the website that would make a great topic sentence.
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 8:02pm
Dubai is fast becoming the Paris of the Middle East"?
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 8:10pm
Yes! That would make an excellent topic sentence!
Then support it with facts about Dubai's culture, shopping, and entertainment.
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 8:18pm
am i allowed to quote it directly
or do i hve
to rephrase it?
and.i'm only allowed to write five
sentences.so if this is my topic
sentence. then where do i tell that
it's one of the place that i want to
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 8:26pm
Yes, I'd include the fact that you most want to visit Dubai in your conclusion.
You don't really have to rephrase your topic sentence, although I'd leave out "fast." But you could also say, Dubai is becoming the cultural capital of the Middle East.
- Grammar and Composition - Anonymous, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 6:59pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - What kind of paragraph is this? Descriptive, Narrative, or Expository...
- Writing - Josie wrote a newspaper advertisement about the school cafeteria's ...
- Com/155 - This week, you were asked to review the Topic Sentence section in the ...
- english - How WOuLD I WRITE A paragraph? A paragraph contains a topic sentence ...
- COMPOSITION AND COMMUNICATION I - Write a 150- to 200-word paragraph to explain ...
- Business Communications - Can some please tell me if the following few sentences...
- HOMEWORK - PERSUASIVE WRITING ON TRANSPORTATION ARE TRAINS BETTER THAN THE BUSES...
- english - Using the topic of home ownership versus leasing, identify a topic and...
- english - Which one of the following statements is true regarding paragraphs? A...
- Example Essays - Mkay, I have a five paragraph essay due by tommorow. Its to be ...