Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, October 16, 2009 at 3:10pm.
Instead of analyzing the setting of the short story Thank You Ma'am, I'm now doing it on the vignette "Salvador Late or Early." [If you havn't read it, go ahead because it's really short]
I have to give:
1. Description of the setting
2. atmosphere/mood established by setting
3. effects of the setting on characters
4. emotional effect of setting on readers
- Literature - mysterychicken, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 3:11pm
This is what I have:
1. The description in the vignette is "homes are the color of bad weather" and "lives behind a raw doorway"
- Literature - mysterychicken, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 3:12pm
3. The setting shows that Salvador lives in poverty and has the responsibilities of an adult.
4. For me, Salvador is a very lovable character. They way Cisneros has described him makes the reader feel for him; he is very responsible and seems kind. The setting seems like a place where I wouldn't want to live but it suits the lifestyle of Salvador.
I'm not sure if I've answered these correctly..are they alright?
- Literature - mysterychicken, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 3:13pm
It's not letting me post the second answer...
- Literature - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 4:28pm
4. Yes, Salvador is loveable, but that doesn't tell what the effect of the setting is on readers.
- Literature - mysterychicken, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 4:44pm
I thought so; how can i answer this then?
- Literature - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 16, 2009 at 4:48pm
To me, the setting and tone are unrelentingly depressing.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - I need to write a vignette on a character that will catch my reader...
- Literature - I have to write a book review on a captivity story that I've read. ...
- Literature - From my book: "Setting provides much more than just the backdrop ...
- English - I'm writing an essay involving analysis of a short story. I need to ...
- T.V Prod - Anyone know where i can find a short story(treatment). Like a one ...
- short story lambslaughter - what is the issues raises by the author and the ...
- Please read my short story deeper Ever deeper - Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssse ...
- english - Write a short story about a main character who undergoes a change or ...
- short story - I apologize I meant to say short story not essay! Its suppose to ...
- Lit - I have to write a short story based on the themes Shakespeare explored in ...