Posted by y912f on Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 7:36pm.
divide each of the following words into its prefix, root, and suffix. some words may not have a prefix or a suffix.
my book says that 'tion' is the suffix. how do i write that?
thanks a lot
- Grammar and Composition - Writeacher, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 8:13pm
1 and 2 are fine.
3 is fine, too. -tract- (the root) is from the Latin word tractus; therefore, that t is part of the root, not the suffix.
4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 are fine.
7 has no prefix. The root is from the Latin word scribo, and -le is a common suffix in English.
9 - you're correct that de- is the prefix. Answers.com has this about the root of this word: [Middle English despisen, from Old French despire, despis-, from Latin dēspicere : dē-, de- + specere, to look.]
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - please check: divide each of the following words into ...
- Grammar and Composition - continued from earlier post... deported: de-prefix ...
- Grammar and Composition - please check my answers: identify the following as a ...
- Grammar and Composition - please check these: Divide each of the following words...
- Grammar and Composition - please check: identify and label the following as a ...
- English - I need to list the prefix root and suffix of these words: Interrupt ...
- Grammar - What is the prefix, root and suffix of the word "subscribe"? My Answer...
- L.A. 5th grade - What is the meaning of the prefix -ion in civilization? Also, ...
- English (Grammar) - Hi, I need some help some questions from my Grammar homework...
- reading - What is the prefix, suffix, and root for slavery? No prefix Suffix-ery...