Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 6:51pm.
I need to write a vignette on a character that will catch my reader's interest. I'm supposed to use the vigentte 'Salvador Late or Early' by Sanda Cisneros. my book says, "Use colorful verbs to show what your character does all day- early and late"
I need help with this..I don't even know where to start! But I do have some brainstorming ideas..please help
Literature - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 7:17pm
You're to use Cisnero's short vignette as a model.
You might choose to write about one of your siblings. What does s/he do during the day? You'd probably start with getting up in the morning.
Literature [Ms.Sue Please Check] - mysterychicken, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 7:31pm
OK, I can do that since there's 4 of them :P I can write about Y because i'm closest to her but...i don't think my sister's boring day will catch the attention of readers..?
Literature - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 7:36pm
That's your job as a writer, to make her boring day interesting.
Does she wake up happy and cheerful? Does she look beautiful as she gets out of bed? Does she ever raise her voice or argue or grumble?
Literature - mysterychicken, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 7:41pm
hahahaha ok, this will be fun =]
Literature - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 7:49pm
I thought so. <g>
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I have a prompt for an English essay and it says, "In a well developed...
- Literature - I have to write a short essay on the believablity of Pheobe ...
- literature - An author of a detective novel is most likely to use figurative ...
- English - When a character has an aside, he or she is speaking dirextly to ...
- Literature - An author of a detective novel is most likely to use figurative ...
- Literature - Instead of analyzing the setting of the short story Thank You Ma'am...
- English - So for the summer I had to read cat's eye by Margaret Atwood and this ...
- literature - Whats are flat character, round character static character and ...
- english - How would I write a thesis statement for a reflective essay on that ...
- English - I was given a thesis for my paper: Character motivation withing ...