Posted by y912f on Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 5:47pm.
please check my answers:
write the plurals of the following singlular words.
1. guess : guesses
2. tongue : tongues
3. attorney-at-law : attorneys-at-law
4. theory : theories
5. leaf : leaves
6. tomato : tomatoes
7. mouse : mice
8. beach : beaches
9. piano : pianos
10. monkey : monkeys
- Grammar and Composition - Elsie, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 5:53pm
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 5:54pm
thank you Elsie
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 6:03pm
You are right, y. Elsie is wrong.
Because attorney ends in "ey," we add an "s," with no other spelling changes.
All of the other answers are also correct, y.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - Please check these for me: Write the plurals of the ...
- Science - 1. What is the difference between a scientific theory and a scientific...
- ethical theories - Write a 8 page paper analyzing and evaluating the following ...
- Science - What is the difference between a scientific theory and a scientific ...
- law - In their professional capacity, attorneys strive to make sure that their ...
- Science-Chemistry - 1. What is Charles’s law? • State the definition of the law ...
- law - Legal Assistants typically work in a law office under the supervision of a...
- law - Like all relationships, the __________ relationship is based on rapport. (...
- Business law - Peter, a farmer, leaves 3 bushels of tomatoes with John, the ...
- CHEMISTRY - sorry! this is the full question: Two samples of sodium chloride ...