Posted by tlyler R on Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 5:35pm.
I am thinking of whole numbers. when I add them, their sum is 123. When I subtract the three lesser number from greater number, their difference is 45?
what are my numbers?
i am having trouble going step by step with this.
i added 61+62=123. i think this is wrong
please help me
math - Reiny, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 7:26pm
I think you have a typo
If by "When I subtract the three lesser number from greater number" you meant
"When I subtract the lesser number from greater number" then the question is easy
x + y = 123
x - y = 45
2x = 168
x = 84
sub that back in the first equation,
y = 39
the two numbers are 84 and 39
check: 84+39 = 123
84-39 = 45
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - The sum of two numbers is 6. The result when the greater number is ...
- Math - Find two numbers with a sum of -8 and a difference of 4. Let x be the ...
- Algebra - the sum of two numbers is 18. The difference between three times the ...
- math - The difference of two numbers is 9. The sum of 3 times the greater number...
- Algebra - Find two numbers with a sum of -8 and a difference of 4. Let x be the ...
- Math - Jabari is thinking of three numbers. The greatest number is twice as big ...
- Math - The difference between 2 numbers is 14.When the greater number is divided...
- math - What are the divisibility short cuts that help you out? Odd numbers can ...
- Math! Please Check My Answers - Key: ☺ = My Answer! 2. Write a word phrase...
- math - sabrina used a calcutator and started adding the whole numbers in order 1...