Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 3:21pm.
I have to write a short essay on the believablity of Pheobe Winterbottom from Walk Two Moons.
This is what my book tells me:
"When you write an analysis of a character, you might want to include your assessment of the character's believability. That is, does the character behave and talk the way a person in real life would? Does the character seem like an individual, or is he/she a stereotype? (Another word for believability is credibility)"
I need help writing this about her because I don't know where to start, what to include, and how to write it.
Please help, as I have been stuck on this for a while now
- Literature - mysterychicken, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 3:31pm
I also have to answer these questions on her:
1. Does she change in an important way in the story?
2. What or who causes the change?
These are my answers:
1. I think Pheobe does change in the end of the story; she is less paranoid about lunatics trying to kidnap her or her mom and she also becomes more understanding towards her family.
2. Pheobe's mom and half brother change her in the story because after their secret is revealed, Pheobe's accusations on her mom and brother are gone and she learns to live with her new brother.
Is this OK?
- Literature - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 4:32pm
Your answers to the two questions looks correct, although I'm not familiar with this book.
For your essay -- first decide whether the character is believable. Then defend your decision with incidents and quotations from the book.
- Literature - mysterychicken, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 4:43pm
Answer this Question
- Literature - I have to make a list on the important actions Pheobe Winterbottom ...
- Literature - I have to write an expository essay on Phoebe Winterbottom, from ...
- Literature - Make a list of characters from books, movies, or t.v shows that ...
- Literature - This is what I've added to my expository essay on Phoebe ...
- Walk Two Moons - Ahh, havn't been on this forever! I have a question about the ...
- English - how can I write a journey on the Walk Two Moons book?
- Literature - I have to do the following activity: 'By now you may have ...
- Literature - I have to write an evaluative essay on the short story A Christmas ...
- english - How would I write a thesis statement for a reflective essay on that ...
- HISTORY - Write a short paragraph that traces the rise of Japan from an isolated...