Grammar and Composition
posted by y912f on .
please check these:
In the following exercise, capitalize the words that are spelled incorrectly. then spell it correctly. 1 misspelled word per line
1. MAXIMUN, memorandum, merchandise, millionaire
2. miscellaneous, mischievous, MONENTOUS, monotonous
3. MORGAGE, monument, mysterious, mustache
4. municipal, MUSLE, musicial, misery
5. nevertheless, NINTEENTH, niece, noticeable
All are correct.
I assume, though, that musicial is a typo.
6. necessary, naive (2 dots in the i), nickle, naturally
I'm not sure about this one...i think it's naive?
7. obedience, obey, OBSTACEL, occasion
8. OCURRED, occurrence, official, omission
9. outrageous, original, ordinance, OPTIMISN
10. occupant, omitted, OPINON, operate
yes ms.sue that was a typo. sorry
11. pageant, paragraph, PARADICE, patience
12. permanent, persistent, possible, PHYSICAN
13. QUESTIONAIRE, qualify, quarter, quantity
14. rapport, reference, REMEMEBER, reimburse
15. safety, salary, Saturday, SANDWIGH
16. substitute, succeed, suppose, SUFFICENT
17. temperature, TOMOROW, terrible, toward
18. unconscious, unfortunately, URGANT, unique
19. UNTILL, upper, useable, unabridged
20. vacation, VACUM, vague, variety
21. WANDAR, welcome, writing, worthy
22. xylophone, xray, xerox, X-chromosome
i'm confused about this one..is it xerox?
23. YELLEW, yesterday, yield, youth
24. yawn, YAEST, yoke, young
25. ZOTIAC, zombie, zero, zinc
this is all
All of your answers are right -- except for one.
Your answer for 6 is wrong -- but it's a misleading group of words. Naive is spelled correctly. But NICKLE is not the usual spelling for our 5-cent coin. Check a dictionary. Also check a dictionary for 22.
ok for #6. NICKLE = nickel
and for #22. i think it's X-chromosome...but i'm not sure
what would be the correct spelling?