Posted by y912f on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 10:07pm.
please check my answers:
Write true if the statement is true, and false if the statement is false.
1. An Etymology is a type of dictionary.
2. An unabridged dictionary is a condensed version.
3. Etymologies appear in [ square brackets ].
4. The symbol < means comes from or is derived from.
5. Root words, prefixes, and suffixes help you decipher a word's meaning.
6. Etymology is the study of the origin of words.
7. Few English words came from other languages.
8. Etymologies usually appear in parenthesis
9. A dictionary is only good for looking up the meaning of words
10. Samuel Johnson wrote the first DICTIONARY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade health Ms. Sue please thanks - True/False Indicate whether the ...
- 7th grade health true or false - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1...
- math - 1 statement 2 is false 2 statement 3 is false 3 statement 4 is false 4 ...
- math - can someone correct this for me... solve: -4(2x - 3) = -8x + 5 my answer...
- HEALTH HELP PLEASE!! - Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point) True ...
- chemistry - In the chemical plating experiment zinc powder is dissolved in a ...
- Chemistry: Answer check please! - 1. Reactions follow the law of conservation of...
- Physical Ed - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1 point) True False ...
- hEALTH CHECK ANSWERS - I just need my answers checked 1. All of the bones in ...
- English12 - Below, you will find a list of sentences. After each sentence, ...