Posted by y912f on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 10:07pm.
please check my answers:
Write true if the statement is true, and false if the statement is false.
1. An Etymology is a type of dictionary.
2. An unabridged dictionary is a condensed version.
3. Etymologies appear in [ square brackets ].
4. The symbol < means comes from or is derived from.
5. Root words, prefixes, and suffixes help you decipher a word's meaning.
6. Etymology is the study of the origin of words.
7. Few English words came from other languages.
8. Etymologies usually appear in parenthesis
9. A dictionary is only good for looking up the meaning of words
10. Samuel Johnson wrote the first DICTIONARY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 10:09pm
Yay! All are right.
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 10:10pm
Okay, thank you soo much for keeping up with me at this time..=)
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 10:15pm
- Grammar and Composition - helen, Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 2:18pm
The majority of the people in the field of education ______ proponents for education reform and resource equity across socio-economic divides. (Points : 1)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade health Ms. Sue please thanks - True/False Indicate whether the ...
- Science - 1. Scientists are not concerned with the human impact on the ...
- 7th grade health true or false - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1...
- math - 1 statement 2 is false 2 statement 3 is false 3 statement 4 is false 4 ...
- Science - Hi. Could you Please check my answers? I just want to make sure they ...
- math - can someone correct this for me... solve: -4(2x - 3) = -8x + 5 my answer...
- HEALTH HELP PLEASE!! - Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point) True ...
- chemistry - In the chemical plating experiment zinc powder is dissolved in a ...
- Chemistry: Answer check please! - 1. Reactions follow the law of conservation of...
- Physical Ed - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1 point) True False ...