Posted by y912f on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 8:29pm.
ok so i've asked this one before:
capitalize the conjunctions-
Both you and I will come to a decision
Both you AND I will come to a decision
so 'and' is the conjunction.
and ms.sue said that was correct.
but i just noticed that my sheet has two blanks for this question . that means there must be two conjunctions.
i can't figure out the other!!
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 8:32pm
I missed it too.
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 8:32pm
never mind..i think i got it:
It is a correlative conjunction. that means they occur in pairs.
so in this sentence: Both you and I will come to a decision, i think the two conjunctions are
BOTH you AND I will come to a decision
am i correct?
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 8:33pm
I wasn't absolutely positive about both, so I looked it up to make sure that both can be used as a conjunction.
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 8:34pm
ok. now i'm positive
thanks ms. sue :)
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 8:39pm
You're welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - Please check these: Capitalize the conjunctions in the...
- Grammar and Composition - capitalize all the nouns in the following sentences. ...
- English - Coordinating conjunctions are these: FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, ...
- Grammar - When writinng names of songs and albums which one do you capitalize ...
- English - Is the following sentence a complex sentence? As a result of showing ...
- Principles Of Management - Decision Making - If you have to stop to think about ...
- Economics - 1) Give an example of a fairly major purchasing decision you've made...
- ela - proof read for me He went to eat toast and then he went to buy cards. One ...
- decision making - Your manager is concerned and wants to make sure that you ...
- Health Safety and Nutrition for young children - A plant in the classroom is ...