please check these:
Capitalize the adverbs, and EXPLAIN how each adverb is used in the following sentences.
ex. She walked PROUDLY.
(proudly tells how she walked)
1. She walked OUT.
(out tells where she walked)
2. She walked VERY SLOWLY into the room.
(slowly tells how she walked) (very tells to what extent)
3. You scolded him RATHER HARSHLY.
(harshly tells how you scolded him) (rather tells to what extent)
4. The children sat in their seats YESTERDAY.
(yesterday tells when they sat)
5. SUDDENLY, the birds flew AWAY.
(suddenly tells when they flew) (away tells where they flew)
6. The soldiers must travel QUIETLY.
(quietly tells how they travel)
7. Handle the baby kittens CAREFULLY.
(carefully tells how to handle them)
Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 7:34pm