Posted by y912f on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 7:28pm.
please check these:
Capitalize the adverbs, and EXPLAIN how each adverb is used in the following sentences.
ex. She walked PROUDLY.
(proudly tells how she walked)
1. She walked OUT.
(out tells where she walked)
2. She walked VERY SLOWLY into the room.
(slowly tells how she walked) (very tells to what extent)
3. You scolded him RATHER HARSHLY.
(harshly tells how you scolded him) (rather tells to what extent)
4. The children sat in their seats YESTERDAY.
(yesterday tells when they sat)
5. SUDDENLY, the birds flew AWAY.
(suddenly tells when they flew) (away tells where they flew)
6. The soldiers must travel QUIETLY.
(quietly tells how they travel)
7. Handle the baby kittens CAREFULLY.
(carefully tells how to handle them)
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 7:34pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english - In the answer area below, write the 2 adverbs in this sentence and ...
- English - 1. identify the adjective phrase in this sentence. The rice in the pot...
- math - Two friends worked out on treadmills at the gym. •Alden walked 2 miles in...
- 6th grade grammar - Put brackets [ ] around the adverb in each of the following...
- 4th grade math - In the school walkathon, Bev walked 2 1/5 miles, Dennis walked ...
- MATH - Fe walked 9/20(9 over 20) km,Beth walked twice as much as Fe,and Tina ...
- grammar - James walked to the park. Is the predicate "walked to the park" or ...
- Math - Write an expression for the number of miles that Chris walked and an ...
- English Adverbs - I'm not really sure about my adverbs in these sentences. Can ...
- math - Cat walked 300 feet and Beth walked 240 feet, what fraction more than ...