Posted by Sara on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 7:25pm.
The Marquis de Lafayette and the Comte de Mirabeau were members of the Second Estate. What reasons would they have for supporting the Estates-General and a constitutional monarchy? Consider their experiences,condititons in France at the time and the state of the monarch when making your decisions. Give as MANY reasons as possible.
I am not really sure about what reasons, please explain.
Socials - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 7:33pm
Consider their beliefs in helping the ordinary people. Also remember that Lafayette fought with the Americans in their revolution.
Read these two articles carefully.
Socials - Sara, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 7:48pm
reasons they could have for supporting the Estates-General and a constitutional monarchy are to end violence causing the French Revolution, end financial problems,...
is this right, please add more.
Socials - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 7:50pm
I already added an important reason for both men to support a constitutional monarchy.
Socials - Sara, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 7:54pm
reasons they could have for supporting the Estates-General and a constitutional monarchy are to end violence causing the French Revolution, end financial problems, and help ordinary people which relates in with their beliefs.
Is this right, if you have any more then please do post them up, because it says list as MANY reasons as you can, and I only have three, thanks.
Socials - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 8:15pm
Yes. That's good.
I don't have any more to add, but you may find some in the articles I linked.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Socials=Ms.Sue - The Marquis de Lafayette and the Comte de Mirabeau were members...
- World History (Ms. Sue) - How are a constitutional monarchy and a republic ...
- History - Word bank : Samuel Adams, Bejamin Franklin, King George III, Thomas ...
- To Ms. Sue - However during the ESTATES GENERAL the 3RD ESTATE with some help ...
- socials - make an organizer to compare government under a republic(the ...
- u.s. history - Use the quote below to answer the following question. “[T]hese ...
- his - trace the course of french revolution from calling estates general to ...
- socials - what is a absolute and constitutional monarchy? please do not provide ...
- Socials - French Revolution Before the French Revolution France had a system of...
- world history - How did the formation of a constitutional monarchy in France ...