Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 9:44am.
Please check my answers if they are correct! If not, please make corrections. Thank you!
Bob, owner of Bobís Auto, sells cars. The number of car sales is represented by y. Bob buys autos at a price of A each and has no other costs. He only buys as many cars as he sells.
a) What is his total cost if he sells 10 cars? What if he sells 20 cars? What is the equation for Bobís total costs assuming he sells ďyĒ cars?
b)What is Bobís AC(y)? For every additional auto Bob sells, by how much do his costs increase? What is Bobís MC (y)?
c) What does Bobís ACV and MC costs look like in a graph if A = $20?
d) Suppose Bob has to pay B per year to produce obnoxious television commercials. What is Bobís new total cost curve and his average cost curve and his marginal cost curve?
e) If A = 20 and B = 100, evaluate Bobís AC at y output levels of 5,10, 25 and 40.
10A is his total cost if he sells 10.
20A is his total cost if he sells 20.
AC(y)=A/y is his AC function.
His costs increase 1/y. MC(y)=A/y is his MC.
c) a horizontal flat line at AC/MC (or y-axis) = 20 (where the x-axis is his output-number of cars sold- and the y-axis is his AC/MC)
c(y) = Ay + B
AC(y) = A + B/y
MC(y) = A + By
(5,40) at output level (y) = 5
(10,30) at y = 10
(20,25) at y = 20
(25,24) at y = 25
(40,22.5) at y = 40
- MircroEconomics - Production & Cost - economyst, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 3:37pm
a) I agree
b) His total cost from a) is Ay. So average cost is Ay/y = A. Since it cost Bob A for each car, regardless of the number, MC=A
c) I agree
d) for C(y) = Ay + B and
AC(y) = (Ay + B)/y = A + B/y (I agree)
However regardless of the advertising expenses, it still cost Bob A per car, so, MC(y) = A
e) I agree
Answer this Question
- You are interested in buying a new car and Bob let - You are interested in ...
- business - You are interested in buying a new car and Bob let's you borrow one ...
- Health info - please check my answer thanks :) Mr. Jones, angry at Dr. Bob , ...
- Algebra--to Bob (Please) - Bob, thank you for the info. You always make ...
- statistics - Bob is a salesman. He receives $20 for each sales plus a fixed ...
- financial resources - Bob Brown was recently involved in a minor auto accident. ...
- Calculus--Please help. - I really need help, this is my second post. Information...
- business law - you are interested in buying a new car an bob lets you borrow one...
- law - You are interested in buying a new car and Bob let's you borrow one of the...
- financial resources - Assignment Type: Discussion Board Deliverable Length: 2-3...