Posted by Renriki on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 8:48pm.
"The combination is the seventh, ninth, and eleventh numbers in a sequence that begins 1,1,2,3,5,8,13, and so forth"
What is the combination?
I have a problem with this can you help?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 8:52pm
The adjoning two numbers are added together.
1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 3
2 + 3 = 5
and so on
- Math - Christiaan, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 8:54pm
This sequence is the Fibonacci sequence. Every number in this sequence is the sum of the two previous numbers:
1+1 = 2
1+2 = 3
2+3 = 5
3+5 = 8
5+8 = 13
The first seven numbers of the sequence are given, so to find the next four numbers add the two previous numbers.
Then you get:
So, the seventh, ninth, and eleventh numbers of this sequence are:
13,34 and 89
- THANKS - Renriki, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 8:56pm
THANKS! I really didnt get it and everyone got it but me in my class.:D
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 9:17pm
You are encountering the wonderful world of the Fibonacci numbers.
Google: Fibonacci numbers
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math ,correction - consider determining how many possible phone numbers are in ...
- Math - a company makes combination locks with 50 numbers printed on the dial. ...
- math - The Fibonacci sequence of numbers begins 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,…and ...
- Math - using the numbers 24 12 2 7...in any addition subtraction division or ...
- Math - I have to use the numbers....24-12-7-2 and use any combination of ...
- math - Please help. Please. using the numbers 24 12 2 7...in any addition ...
- alegbra - If v1,...,v4 are in R^4 and v3 is not a linear combination of v1, v2, ...
- Algebra - Guess the 4-digit combination. An X stands for a correct digit in its ...
- chemistry - Captain Kirk, of the Starship Enterprise, has been told by his ...
- chemistry-confirm please - Only a chemist can be trusted with the combination to...