Posted by Logan on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 5:53pm.
Lauren has collected 150 nickles and dimes. She has 70 more nickles than dimes. How many of each does she have?
vocabulary practice - ashna, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 6:06pm
my sister kelly loves cats
3rd grade - Pinky, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 7:30pm
I think it's 150/2=75 , I may be right, I may be wrong. But I'm not sure.
3rd grade math (Logan) - PsyDAG, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 12:07pm
Let x = # of dimes and y = # of nickels.
y = x + 70
x + y = 150
Substitute x + 70 for y in the second equation.
x + x + 70 = 150
2x = 80
x = 40
y = 110
Vocab (ashna) - PsyDAG, Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 12:11pm
First, if you have a question, it is much better to put it in as a separate post in <Post a New Question> rather than attaching it to a previous question, where it is more likely to be overlooked.
Second, I am not sure what you are asking. To be completely correct, the sentence should be:
My sister, Kelly, loves cats.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3rd grade - My son has this Math word problem and I can come up with the answer ...
- 3rd Grade Math - I thought the simple answer would be 150-70=80 too but, the ...
- intermediate algebra - joe has a collection of nickles and dimes that is worth $...
- algebra - joe has a collection of nickles and dimes that is worth $6.10. If the ...
- algebra - Joe has a collection of nickles and dimes that is worth $7.65.If the ...
- Algebra I - lauren has 40 coins all together, all dimes, nickles, and quarters ...
- Math - Jose had $2.20 in nickles and dimes. He has eight more nickles than dimes...
- Math - Raul says he has equal numbers of dimes and quarters and four times as ...
- Math - You have 84 coins, in dimes or nickles that equal $7.15, how many dimes ...
- Math - a piggy bank contains $8.80 in quarters, dimes and nickles. there are two...