Posted by y912f on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 4:54pm.
please check these answers for me:
Underline all the nouns in the following sentences. Above each, LABEL whether it is concrete or abstract by writing a "C" or an "A." This part is worth 18 points.
1. Lorie and her friends went to a movie on the Fourth of July.
Fourth of July: A )
i'm confused about the last one.i think it could be C because it tells a specific time
2. American enjoy more freedom than many people around the world.
world: C )
3. The teacher assigned homework.
homework: C )
4. In the midst of the excitement, Samuel lost his pencil on the bus.
bus: C )
5. Tom could see the anger on his face.
face: C )
my book says:
Concrete nouns name something that is tangible. you can see, touch, taste, smell, or hear these words.
Concrete nouns also name things that have a specific definition, such as nouns that refer to time or date.
examples: Labor Day
Abstract nouns name an idea, a feeling, a quality, or a characteristic. These are things that cannot be touched or seen. These are words that could have several definitions depending upon the way you interpret them.
thanks for checking
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 5:03pm
1. Fourth of July is a concrete noun.
2. You missed a noun, but your classifications are correct.
4. You missed a noun but the rest is right.
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 5:05pm
4. Not sure what the other noun is
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 5:07pm
4. Every "the, a, an" in a sentence must be followed by a noun. Does that help you see the noun you missed?
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 5:15pm
- Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 5:29pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - capitalize all the nouns in the following sentences. ...
- critical thinking - What is the difference between abstract nouns and concrete ...
- Grammar - Could somebody please explain to me the difference between the Proper ...
- grammar - Nouns Use the following categories to identify each noun: concrete ...
- Grammar - Read the following sentences and underline the nouns. Write C above ...
- english - List the nouns in the following sentence. Next to each noun - label ...
- English grammar - There are five kinds of nouns: Common nouns, collective nouns...
- English (concrete nouns) - Read the passage below and answer the following ...
- english - Tom could see the anger on Mr. Adams' face. nouns contrete or abstract...
- Grammar - How Do I Work With Common And Proper Nouns? Common nouns name persons...