Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 1:22pm.
I have to use the hints given to find out what place is being talked about-
31. "We had our picnic near the capital of this new nation, which used to be the eastern part of Czechoslovakia."
32. "The person collecting these samples writes that she lives in the capital of this country, whose flag has blue, yellow, and red, vertical stripes. She collected these samples from a part of the river about 25 miles south of her hometown. She says that the source of pollution is industry on her country's side of the river."
33. "This person works in a chemical plant. He said that he could smell the river from his desk. The factory is located near the country's capital. He mentioned that the Danube makes a ninety degree turn from east to south just after it enters his country."
Each of these are worth 5 points so please help!!
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 1:34pm
Yes, Slovakia is right. What is its capital?
I think you'll find your answers in these sites.
- Geography - mysterychicken, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 1:48pm
33. Bucharest, Romania
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 1:53pm
Of those flags, only two are from European countries. Which one fits the rest of the clues?
Your answers on the first and third are correct.
- Geography - mysterychicken, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 2:16pm
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 3:31pm
Andorra is in Europe -- but it's not the one cited in the clue -- mainly because it doesn't have a major river.
I guess there are three flags belonging to European countries. Keep researching.
- Geography - mysterychicken, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 3:38pm
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 3:42pm
Moldova is probably right.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - We had our picnic near the capital of this new nation, which ...
- Geography - Where on Earth? You work for a company that specializes in ...
- Geography - I have to use the given hints to find out what country they're ...
- geography - 1. What is the capital of the Scandinavian nation whose eastern ...
- Geography - I have to complete this puzzle for my course but I'm really stuck on...
- Geography - Okay so here is the question Suppose you are an official in an ...
- geography - 1. Sofia is the capital of what European nation? Bulgaria 2. Find ...
- world news - Is there anywhere I can look for 1: how eastern thought/philosophy ...
- geography - Ms. Sue, I am not home schooled. Our teacher gives us a geography ...
- Geography - I have this really hard puzzle that i need to solve for my class but...