Posted by ann on Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 2:24pm.
If it has been determined that the probability of an earthquake occurring on a certain day in a
certain area is 0.05, what are the odds against an earthquake?
A) 20 : 1
B) 1 : 20
C) 18 : 1
D) 19 : 1
math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 2:25pm
What do you think the answer is?
math - ann, Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 2:32pm
i have no clue cant figure out where to start that's why i am asking
math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 2:34pm
The odds of an earthquake occurring are 0.05 = 5/100 = 1/20
20/20 - 1/20 = ?
math - ebot, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 7:18pm
1 to 20
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - If it has been determined that the probability of an earthquake occurring...
- Mathamatics - If it has been determined that the probability of an earthquake ...
- Probablity - What are the odds against an earthquake occuring on a certain day ...
- Math - the odds in favor of an earthquake are 7 to 1. what is probability that ...
- Earthquakes - What determines the magnitude of an earthquake? I know that two ...
- College Algebra - This exercise deals with logarithmic scales. Earthquake A had ...
- Math - On Feb. 27th, 2010, an earthquake of magnitude 8.8 occurred off the coast...
- algebra2 - the April 2015 earthquake in Nepal measured 7.8 in magnitude.in 1988 ...
- drawing - 21) The number of oil spills occurring off the Alaskan coast A) ...
- scientist - In 1976 a powerful earthquake hit the city of Tangshan, China. ...