Posted by Terri on Friday, October 9, 2009 at 12:00pm.
Could someone please explain to me why the line x=4 is a vertical line.
- Algebra - drwls, Friday, October 9, 2009 at 12:19pm
Because x has to be 4 while y can be anything. A vertical line through (4,0)contains all points for which x=4.
- Algebra - Reiny, Friday, October 9, 2009 at 12:27pm
Pick any two ordered pairs that satisfy the equation, remember all it said was x = 4
how about (4,0) and (4,5) ? Do they satisfy our condition that x = 4 ?
Plot the points and draw the line.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Can someone please explain to me why the line x=4 is a vertical line?
- Math - PLease help me with this: What kind of line is created when you graph the...
- Alegbra 116 Help Please - why the line x = 4 is a vertical line. Name three ...
- Algebra - I thought number 4 on this list was incorrect but didn't know how to ...
- Algebra - Could someone explian to me why the line x=4 is a vertical line
- math - A vertical line is all rise. If there is no y value then how does this ...
- Math - i need help with this please..... Explain why the line x= 4 is a vertical...
- Math /Algebra - I was challenged with this question: Explain why the formula for...
- Algebra - Can you explain why the line x = 4 is a vertical line.
- Algebra - Explain why the line x = 4 is a vertical line.