Posted by Sharon on Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 6:51am.
A batch of 350 raffle tickets contatins 4 winning tickets. You buy 4 tickets. What is the probability that you have:
a.) No winning tickets?
b.) All winning tickets?
c.) At least one winning ticket?
d.) At least one non-winning ticket?
- probability - Reiny, Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 8:49am
there are 346 non-winning tickets in the batch.
So the prob of all 4 being non-winning is
or, if you know the C(n,r) combination topic,
it would be C(346,4)/C(350,4) = .9549
b) prob = (4/350)(3/349)(2/348)(1/347)
or C(4,4)/C(350,4) = .000000001
c) at least one winning ticket
= 1 - prob(all losing tickets)
= 1 - .9549 = .0451
d) at least one non-winner
= 1 - .000000001 = .999999999
- probability - keisha, Saturday, November 8, 2014 at 7:57pm
Sixteen batteries are tested to see if they last as long as manufacturers claim.Four batteries fail the test. Two are selected at random without replacement. Find the probability that both batteries fail the test. Find the probability that both batteries pass the test. Find the probability that at least one battery fails the test. Which of the events can be considered unusual? Explain
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- probability - A batch of 350 raffle tickets contains 4 winning tickets. You buy ...
- Statistics - "A batch of 350 raffle tickets contains three winning tickets. You ...
- Statistic - a batch of 350 raffle tickets contains four winning tickets. you buy...
- Math - the probability of having a winning raffle ticket is 15%. If you bought ...
- Statistics - A school is running a raffle. There are 100 tickets, of which 3 are...
- Math - I have 5 tickets for a raffle and I know that the probability of my ...
- Maths - Probability - Tickets numbered 1 to 1000 were sold in a raffle for which...
- math - There are 120 tickets being sold for a raffle contest. There is one ...
- Probability - In a raffle there are four winning tickets from 12, What is the ...
- algebra 2 - 10,000 raffle tickets were sold and you buy 12 tickets. Whats the ...