Posted by Liliane on Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 7:06pm.
I have to write a poem about a memory and it says include a sentence of a question or feeling you had at that time and i don't quite get that. Also i just forgot what a stanza(spelling?) written like. Any help?
english 7th grade - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 7:08pm
It's asking you to have one sentence expressing a feeling or question you had at the time you're remembering.
For instance, if I were writing about a family Thanksgiving, I might say something about the warm, affectionate feelings I had about my family.
english 7th grade - Liliane, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 7:13pm
Ok & I know that a stanza is a paragraph in a poem, but is there a specfic number of sentences in the stanza? I mean like what are the rules of a stanza
english 7th grade - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 7:15pm
There are no rules for the length of a stanza -- unless you're writing in a strict form like a sonnet.
english 7th grade - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 7:15pm
You get the prize for the most interesting question for today.
Basically, there are no rules, except the rhyming scheme and meter.
I like that Wiki article.
english 7th grade - Liliane, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 7:17pm
english 7th grade - patrick, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 7:24pm
whatever memory you choose, how were you felling at exactly that time, right then and a stanza is like the separate paragraphs in a poem like when it skips a couple lines those separate paragraphs are stanzas hope i could help=)
english 7th grade - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 7:46pm
Patrick, you get to take 7th grade Eng over again. Read the Wikepedia article.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- year 8 english - i just posted a question about a poem but forgot to say its ...
- English - I have to write a thematic essay and a characteristic essay. I have a ...
- English - I forgot to include the following statements. I really hope you can ...
- English - I forgot to include a few other sentences on the paraphrase Wordsworth...
- 3 grade english - they say write a sentence about something you like about stars...
- English - Hey, Yesterday I asked a question about "the" and Writeacher helped me...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentence. 1) Write a ten-line ...
- English - I don't understand this poem. Well, I understad the first part until ...
- English - My teacher asked us to write a poem in the style of Langston Hughes' ...
- 11th grade English urgent - actually i am not clear about the question too. we ...