Posted by alex on Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 3:25pm.
I need the answers and the work shown steb by step today pls^^
For each direct variation find the constant of variation.Then find the value of y when x= -5
1.y=2 whne x=7
2.y=-2 when x=2
3.y= 17 when x=-4
y varies directly with x.
1.if y=6 when x=2,find x whn y=12
2.if y=7 when x= -3,find y when x= -1
- Math - drwls, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 4:24pm
If there is a direct variation, then y is proportional to x. This can be written y = kx. Use the information you are given to determine k.
1. If y = kx and y=2 when x = 7, then
2 = 7k, and
k = 2/7, so
y = (2/7)x
Whe x = -5, y = -10/7
Do the others the same way.
1. If y=6 when x=2, then k=3 and y = 3x.
When x=12, y = ?
- Math - alex, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 6:18pm
Well thanks but in the other questions im guessing that y stays the same so 1. will be equal to 1/2 and 2.-7/1 correct me if im wrong pls but is also suspicious because it says y varies direclty with x idk what that means
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra worksheet - Hello. My algebra teacher gave me this worksheet last week ...
- math - Is the relationship between the variables in the table direct variation, ...
- Math - I am confused with this problem, A 14.1 oz box of cereal costs $2.89. ...
- Algebra 2 Honors - Hey, we recently started a topic in class that I don't ...
- Math - I am doing Direct Variation in math. I dont understand how to do it. It ...
- Math - Is -12x = 6y a direct variation? If so what is the constant of variation...
- algebra - Tell whether equation represents direct variation. If so, identify the...
- Math- steve or ms. sue - does the data in the table represent a direct variation...
- Algebra 2 - Is the relationship between the variables in the table a direct ...
- Math - Does the equation represent a direct variation? If so, find the constant ...