Posted by Larry on Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 2:05am.
I'm learning about the irregular verbs "Conocer" and "Saber"
The teacher told us how to differentiate between the two and when to use which.
But I still find it very difficult to know when to use which one.
Can anyone help? Are there any tricks or tips that will help?
Spanish (URGENT) - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 2:16am
Both conocer and saber mean "to know" but not in the same sense and they are not interchangeable.
Saber is to know information, a fact = either knowledge or ignorance about something.
Conocer is to be or not to be acquainted with a person, place or thing.
Yo sé dónde está Susana. = I know where Susan is.
Yo conozco a Susana. = I know (have met) Susana.
Spanish (URGENT) - jasmin, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 2:21am
Saber lo vas a usar cuando haces una pregunta por ejemplo: Quisiera saber cuando entras a la universidad.
Conocer lo vas a usar por ejemplo cuando tambien haces preguntas Quisiera conocer a tu verdaderos padres?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish - I'm learning about the irregular verbs "Conocer" and "Saber" And I ...
- spanish - When to use saber and conocer?
- Spanish - This is my assignment: Imagine you are babysitting your little brother...
- spanish - im really confused on the difference between conocer and saber. can ...
- Spanish (Please help me) - This is my assignment: Imagine you are babysitting ...
- french - we are learning about the passe compose, and about using irregular ...
- More spanish to check/please - Use saber or conocer. 1-Francisco sabe escribir ...
- Statistics - so we will be having a quiz about hypotheses testing and i cant ...
- try this - i have to write a three sentences about my family, using irregular ...
- Algebra please help! - I'm very confused with what I'm learning about right now...