Posted by Sandhu on Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 1:57pm.
A particle's initial velocity is given by vox = -1.0 m/s and voy = 3.0 m/s. Its acceleration is ax = 0.50 m/s^2 and ay = -0.90 m/s^2 (a) Calculate its velocity 2.0 s later. (b) Calculate its displacement at that time.
Physics - bobpursley, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 2:21pm
I will be happy to critique your thinking.
Physics - Sandhu, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 4:23pm
Solve for velocity at 2.0s
vx = v0x + axt
vx = (-1m/s) + (0.5m/s2)(2.0s)
vx = 0m/s
vy = v0y + ayt
vx = (3m/s) + (-0.9m/s2)(2.0s)
vx = 1.2m/s
v = 0m/s(x hat) + 1.2m/s(y hat)
∆x = v0xt + 1/2axt2
∆x = (-1m/s)(2.0s) + 1/2(0.5m/s2)(2.0s)2
∆x = -1m
∆y = v0xt + 1/2axt2
∆y = (3m/s)(2.0s) + 1/2(-0.9m/s2)(2.0s)2
∆y = 4.2m
y = -1.0m(x hat) + 4.2m(y hat)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- PHYSICS I NEED MAJOR HELP PLEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEE - If velocity is positive and...
- Calculus - A particle moves with a fixed acceleration of 3 m/s^2. If its initial...
- Please help me with M1 kinematics! - A particle is travelling with velocity (4i+...
- physics - The position vector r of a particle moving in the xy plane is r=2ti+...
- physics - You throw a ball toward a wall with a speed of 25m/s and at an angleof...
- Physics - A particle moving with uniform acceleration has initial velocity u. ...
- physical science - A frog jumps at the angle of 60 degrees to horizontal with ...
- physical science - A frog jumps at the angle of 60% to horizontal with initial ...
- Physics - The function ax(t) describes the acceleration of a particle moving ...
- math - A particle moves along straight line such that its displacement S meters...