Posted by Sandhu on Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 1:57pm.
A particle's initial velocity is given by vox = -1.0 m/s and voy = 3.0 m/s. Its acceleration is ax = 0.50 m/s^2 and ay = -0.90 m/s^2 (a) Calculate its velocity 2.0 s later. (b) Calculate its displacement at that time.
- Physics - bobpursley, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 2:21pm
I will be happy to critique your thinking.
- Physics - Sandhu, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 4:23pm
Solve for velocity at 2.0s
vx = v0x + axt
vx = (-1m/s) + (0.5m/s2)(2.0s)
vx = 0m/s
vy = v0y + ayt
vx = (3m/s) + (-0.9m/s2)(2.0s)
vx = 1.2m/s
v = 0m/s(x hat) + 1.2m/s(y hat)
∆x = v0xt + 1/2axt2
∆x = (-1m/s)(2.0s) + 1/2(0.5m/s2)(2.0s)2
∆x = -1m
∆y = v0xt + 1/2axt2
∆y = (3m/s)(2.0s) + 1/2(-0.9m/s2)(2.0s)2
∆y = 4.2m
y = -1.0m(x hat) + 4.2m(y hat)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - You throw a ball toward a wall with a speed of 25m/s and at an angleof...
- physics - A body starts with an initial velocity of 10m/s and moves along a ...
- Maths mst - Question – 3: Consider a particle moving according to the velocity ...
- math - The acceleration am/s^2 of a particle moving in a straight line is given ...
- Calculus - A particle moves with a fixed acceleration of 3 m/s^2. If its initial...
- Please help with Calculus problem?? - A particle moves with a fixed acceleration...
- physics - The position vector r of a particle moving in the xy plane is r=2ti+...
- Math - A car is projected directly up an incline and its location from its start...
- physics 201 - A particle has an acceleration of +6.11 m/s2 for 0.281 s. At the ...
- Please help me with M1 kinematics! - A particle is travelling with velocity (4i...