Posted by Connor on Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 9:59am.
Find all values of the missing digit that make the statement true 214,21_ is divisible by 11
Math - MathMate, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 10:14am
A number divisible by 11 has the property that the sum of even digits minus the sum of odd digits is 0 or divisible by 11.
14641 is divisible by 11 because
So if the missing digit is x, and if the number 21321x is divisible by 11, then
solve for x.
Math - Connor, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 12:28pm
I am not following. The number you placed x in you used the number 21321x, but the number is 21421x. I am not following your steps to solve for x either
Math-corr. - MathMate, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 1:26pm
Sorry, it was a typo. My apologies.
So if the missing digit is x, and if the number 21421x is divisible by 11, then
solve for x.
Math - Connor, Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 4:24pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Find the value of the missing digit that makes the statement true. 214,...
- Math- - Find all values of the missing digit that make the statement true. 5,33_...
- Math - Can someone please help me with this question? Find all values of the ...
- Math - Looking to find the missing digit for each statement true. The number ...
- math divisibility - i need to write the missing digit to make each number ...
- Algebra ASAP - so this is a fill in on a worksheet and I am having difficulty as...
- math - Find digits A and B in the number below so the folling condition are true...
- math - Using the numbers 1 through 9 with no repeats, find a 9 number such that...
- math - what is true of all values of x that will make divisible 2*x by6
- Math - math puzzle: i am less than 3000. all four digits are odd. all four ...