Posted by John on Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 9:02pm.
Negotiation/Delay/Refusal Skills - Assignment
There are many ways to say “no” to pressure from a dating partner or peer. Some of the ways to do this are listed below.
For each skill, write a "pressuring statement" or one for all of them, followed by a corresponding appropriate response.
Let’s sneak into an R rated movie tonight.
1. Giving a reason or excuse
Oh, I can’t, I have lots of homework tonight. Sorry.
2. Walk away
3. Avoiding the situation
4. Changing the subject
Oh, hey, speaking of movies did you know they’re releasing Spider Man 4 this October 10.
5. Discuss the consequences
No; I don’t think that’s a good idea. We could get caught and get into a lot of trouble
6. Reverse the pressure
7. Separate the person and the activity
You’re a really good friend; I like hanging out with you, but if you’re going to do something that may get us in trouble, then I don’t want to participate in it.
8. Honest and confident
No. I don’t want to sneak into a movie I’m not allowed to see. I don’t want to get into trouble.
9. Delay the activity
Sorry, I can’t. I have to work tonight and possible the next two nights as well. Maybe sometime next week.
Can someone help me with # 2, 3, 6?
Thank you very much.
- Planning - John, Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 9:02pm
Can someone help with # 2, 3, 6?
Thank you very much.
- Planning - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 9:14pm
2. No, thanks.
3. I'd rather see _______________.
6. Why do you want to see an R-rated movie?
- Planning - bobpursley, Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 9:26pm
6. Why would I date a guy who sneaks into movies?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Health - Role-playing Refusal Skills (The following are the directions.) "...
- AED 204 - I have an assignment and I don't understand what I am supposed to do...
- Planning - Identify and describe a range of transferable education skills. ...
- Math - How many ways can 3 students be chosen from a class of 20 to represent ...
- Health (Ms. Sue) - What are three ways you can protect yourself from sexual ...
- Health - 1). State how each of the six risk behaviors could affect one of your ...
- Health (Ms. Sue) - 1. Explain how being around people who drink alcohol and use ...
- Math - A group meeting is attended by 14 delegates. 9 of the delegates are from ...
- English - In point 4 I wanted to be more precise. What kind of texts will they ...
- Health - 1). Which three kinds of direct pressure do you experience most often? ...