Posted by John on Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 6:46pm.
1. Identify different types of media that display sexual images.
2. What does the media teach us about women's sexuality?
Good looking, slim bodies with huge breasts and angular jawbones and absolutely no hair on their bodies.
3. What does the media teach us about men's sexuality?
They are tall with muscles, big arms and abs and strong.
4. What does the media teach us about sexual relationships?
It is pleasurable.
Are these answers good? Or there is anymore I can add please don't hesitate to reply.
- Sex Ed - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 6:52pm
2. often weak and portrayed as victims
3. often sexual predators
4. no consequences such as std's and unwanted pregnancies
- Sex Ed - PsyDAG, Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 12:08pm
I agree with Ms. Sue. You seem to relate solely to physical traits rather than sexual roles. What does it mean to be feminine vs. masculine in our culture? These norms, although they are changing, are typically transmitted by the media. For example, the media is more likely to portray women stereotypically as more passive, emotional and irrational, while men are seen as more active and logical.
These articles might give you some new insights.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
- Sex Ed - Leanne, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 3:12pm
Why do guys love me
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- media - In addition to newspapers, briefly describe the evolution of movies, ...
- Sex Ed #2 - What does the media teach us about sexual relationships? Can someone...
- english/ please revise - I found MacKinnon's "Sexuality" essay interesting, she ...
- media influences on american culture - Newspapers, once available only in print...
- PHI`103 - one rich source of fallacies is the media,television,radio,magazines, ...
- media - which media source is most critical in setting news agendas? a) the ...
- Media - Publishing can introduce multi media or multiple communication methods. ...
- HUM176 - briefly describe the evolution of movies, television, Internet, books ...
- HUM - I did not understand this part of my class so here is the question What ...
- evolution - briefly describe the evolution of movies, television, Internet, ...