Posted by Sam on Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 11:03pm.
STUDENTS WERE PUT INTO 6 GROUPS OF 12. WHICH WAY TO FIND 6 X 12? (3-6)
A.(3 x 10)+(3 X 2)
B.(3 X 6) +(3 X 6)
C.(6 X 10)+(6 X 2)
D.(6 X 12)+ (6 x 12)
MATH - dave, Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 11:07pm
a 5 b 3 c 7 d 38
MATH - MathMate, Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 11:12pm
This is based on the distributive property of multiplication over addition.
For example, the product 6*12 can also be expressed as
6*(9+3)=6*9 + 6*3
The total is still 72.
If you go back to the queston, and check the answers, there is only one that gives a total of 72, that's the first clue. Another way to find it is find an answer that has the same form as the one above, but the sum of numbers multiplied by 6 adds up to 12. This gives you a confirmation.
If you want to be absolutely certain, you can post your answer for a verification.
MATH - Sam, Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 11:38pm
choose the answer from A, b, c, or d.
MATH - MathMate, Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 11:42pm
So which one did you choose, and why?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Of a group of students 5/8 of them are boys. The girls are put into ...
- Math - A class has 12 students. In how many different ways can the students be ...
- math - In how many ways can 12 students be put into groups of 3?
- math - Dr. Mento has a class of 80 students. For a group project, he wants to ...
- English - one more question about student groupings!:) Need some quick activity ...
- Math - Explain It Ron and Pam each have 20 pennies. Ron will put his pennies ...
- maths - A class of 50 students has to perform exercises in groups of 2 OR 3 ...
- Math - Mrs. Murphy separates her class into groups of 4 students each, 1 student...
- Math - 3/5 of the students in a class were boys. The teacher divided the boys ...
- math - The principal of Valley Elementary School wants to divide each of the ...