Posted by tai on Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 5:28pm.
the 6th grade has 5 days to sell tickets to a talent show. The students predict that each day they will sell 10 fewer tickets than the day before. How many must they sell on the first day if they want to sell 200 tickets?
--- do I divide 10 by 200 that would not make sense
please try to help me thanks
- math - Reiny, Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 5:34pm
You are probably studying arithmetic sequences and series
let the first term be a
common difference is -10
and the number of terms is 5
Sn = (n/2)[2a + (n-1)d]
200 = (5/2)[2a + 4(-10)]
400 = 5[2a - 40]
400 = 10a - 200
600 = 10a
a = 60
So on the first day they must sell 60 tickets
check: 60 + 50 + 40 + 30 + 20 =
- math - M Bhatt, Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 10:59pm
assume that they will sell x tickets on the first day.
Sale on second day will be x-10
third day x-20
fourth day x-30
fifth day x-40
if we add them all up
so they have to sell 60 on the first day
50 on the second
40 on the third
30 on the fourth
and 20 on fifth day.
- math - arny, Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 12:50am
find the difference using model subtraction with renaming
- math - Magic, Saturday, October 10, 2009 at 10:56am
The product of a number and seven increased by twenty-three is equal to one hundred seven.
- math - quandariusmoran, Friday, October 23, 2009 at 11:40am
you can go on my web site name it great com visit
Answer this Question
- algebra - 2) A high school drama club is putting on their annual theater ...
- math - if i have 5 days to sell 200 tickets by friday how many tickets do i have...
- math - each member of the committee has agreed to sell 50 tickets to the fair. ...
- Quadratic equations - OK. I think I have my head around most of this but for one...
- math - how do u solve the follow question? you are selling tickets to a football...
- ISAT practice - Ben sold 50 tickets to a basketball game. Adult tickets are $5 ...
- algebra 2 - You are selling tickets for the homecoming football game. Student ...
- math - You are a member of a fund raising comittee for your school. The ...
- algebra - Carla and robena sell game tickets. they have already sold 95 student ...
- elementary algebra - ron and kathy are ticket-sellers at their class play, ron ...