Posted by Tim on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 5:04pm.
Please help me with these math problems.
#1 Matt subtracted 1.9 from 20.8 and got 1.8. Explain why this is not reasonable?
#2 Explain why it is easier to find 10 minus 1.9 mentally than with paper and pencil.
#3 On May 27, 2001, a high school student ran a mile in 3 minutes 53.43 seconds. This broke the previous U.S. record of 3 minutes 55.3 seconds set in 1965. The world record in 2001 was 3 minutes 43.13 seconds.
How much faster is:
the 2001 U.S. record than the 1965 U.S. record?
the world record than the 1965 US record?
the world record than the 2001 US record?
Please show step by step. Thanks.
- 5th grade Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 5:05pm
Tim -- please attempt to solve these problems yourself.
If you post your answers here, we'll be glad to check them.
- 5th grade Math - challie, Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 5:13pm
i was in 5th grade last year and believe me its EASIER than you will think it is!! ;)
- 5th grade Math - katelyn, Monday, October 27, 2014 at 7:07pm
It's actually very easy if you think abou it :)
- Is obviously not reasonable right?
The real answer is really 8.9, very diff from 1.8 right?
Try doing the rest on your own and if you need any help just let us all know :) I am sure we will all be able to help!
- 5th grade Math - jada, Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 5:03pm
195 divide by 13
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Kelly subtracted 2.3 from 20 and got 17.7. Explain why this is reasonable...
- math - Kelly subtracted 2.3 from 20 and got 17.7. Explain why this answer is ...
- math - kelly subtracted 2.3 from 20 and got 17.7 explain why this answer is ...
- math - kelly subtracted 2.3 from 20 and got 17.7.explain how this answer is ...
- 5th grade math word problems - Frank saved 50% by purchasing his airline ticket ...
- 5th grade math - yes ,i definetly did,more than once ,i just had trouble ...
- 5th grade math - what is 1 minus 1-sixth minus 11 eighteenths?
- 5th grade Math - Explain how you can find the product of 5 and 3/4.
- math - matt thinks that all the values of x and y that absolute value | | would ...
- 5th grade math help - my mommy and daddy cant explain explain what is wrong with...