Posted by newt on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:27pm.
I'm doing linear programming and I'm having trouble with this one problem.
The Backstage Dance Studio director must plan for and operate many different classes, 7 days a week, at all hours of the day. Saturday is very important day for younger students, and each Saturday class fills up quickly.
a. To plan the Saturday schedule, the director has to consider these facts.
A. It's not easy to find enough good teachers, so the studio can offer at most 8 tap classes and at most 5 jazz classes.
B. The studio has limited classroom space, so it can offer a total of at most 10 classes for the day.
C. The studio makes profit of $150 from each tap class and $250 from each jazz class.
What are the variables in this situation
Write algebraic inequalities giving the constraints on the variables.
- Math - MathMate, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:43pm
T = number of tap classes
J = number of Jazz classes
Now the constraints:
"at most 8 tap classes and at most 5 jazz classes. "
"at most 10 classes for the day. "
" profit of $150 from each tap class and $250 from each jazz class. "
Objective function = Revenue = 150T + 250J
Now can you proceed?
- Math - newt, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:57pm
t < or equal to 8
J < or equal to 5
t+J < or equal to 10
Now I understand.
- Math - MathMate, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 8:20pm
Post any time if you have questoins.
- Math - MathMate, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 8:21pm
Also, even though it is obvious,
T≥0 and J≥0 are required conditions.
Answer this Question
- Algebra 2 - I'm doing linear programming and I'm having trouble with this one ...
- Math - Practice Dividing by 7 For each dance style , the Step - Up Dance School...
- Math - Ansgar is writing a novel. He writes seven days a week. On each of those ...
- linear programming app - write the constraints as linear inequalities and ...
- Math - Back in the old days, couples would enter marathon dance contests to win ...
- English - 1. When the program is going on, the director sits in the control room...
- Math - During the summer break, Allie works as many as 35 hours per week. On ...
- math - Sales clerk at an appliance store have a chance of 2 payment: Plan A: $...
- math - how do you convert weeks into minutes? my question is, convert 8 weeks ...
- linear programming app - solve this linear programming problem; A chain saw ...