Posted by Ava on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:19pm.
. For the gas reaction at low pressure
2NOBr ¡ê 2NO + Br2 ¥ÄH = +61.1 kJ
which of the following statements are true?
a) Adding more Br2 shifts reaction to the right
b) Removing some NOBr shifts reaction to the left
c) Increasing temperature shifts reaction to the right
d) Changing temperature is the only thing that does not affect Kp
e) The use of a catalyst will not cause any change in the concentrations once equilibrium is reached
- Chemistry - Ava, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:26pm
oops the reaction should be
2NOBr <-> 2NO + Br2 (delta)H = +61.1 kJ
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:28pm
It's tough to read the equation. I can't make out the symbols. Where is the arrow? What are your thoughts on the question?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:32pm
Adding Br2 will shift the reaction to the left.
Removing NOBr will shift the reaction to the left.
You try the others.
- Chemistry - Ava, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:33pm
I just fixed the equation above but here it is again 2NOBr <-> 2NO + Br2 (delta)H = +61.1 kJ
I thought b and e are true however the computer keeps saying that answer is wrong.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:39pm
b and e ARE true. You can take that to the bank. The computer is (a) wrong or (b) or you keying into the wrong question. a,c,d or not true.
- Chemistry - Ava, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:44pm
no I've entered b and e several times before into the computer (and now again) for the correct question so now I am going to email my instructor, thank you
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:48pm
If your instructor thinks b and e are NOT true I would like to know it AND I would like to know the reason why. LeChatelier may turn over in his grave.
- Chemistry - Ava, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:51pm
Haha yes he probably will. I will let you know.
- Chemistry - Ava, Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 7:39am
My profesor says that b and e are true but c is also true. The reaction will shift toward the right with a temperature increase because it is endothermic. I did type in bce before but because the computer said it was incorrect I changed my answer. :( It is too late to fix it now, however thank you for your help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - . For the gas reaction at low pressure 2NOBr ↔ 2NO + Br2 Δ...
- chemistry - A possible mechanism for the overall reaction Br2 (g) + 2NO (g) ->...
- chemistry - the following reaction has a Kp = 109 at 25 degrees C 2NO(g) + Br2(g...
- Check my answers? (Chemistry) - I only get one chance for each of these ...
- chemistry - Which way will the equilibrium shift when subjected to the following...
- Chemistry - The equilibrium constant for the reaction: 2NO(g)+Br2(g)<==>...
- chemistry - In a reaction involving the bromination of acetone, the following ...
- chemistry help - For the reaction shown, find the limiting reactant for each of ...
- Chemistry - is this right Consider the following reaction at equilibrium N2(g...
- Chemistry - Identify the correct statement for the following reaction: Br2 (l...