Posted by becca on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 4:36pm.
g) Use the substances given in table 1 to calculate the volume of 270 g of aluminum.
The densities of substances given:
glycerol (substance a) = 0.97 g/mL
isoprop (substance b) = 1.20 g/mL
water (substance c) = 0.85 g/mL
How would i know what the mass is? Would i use the G.R.A.S.S formula?
could u please help me with this question? your help is very appreciated:)
science - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 4:44pm
Did you perform some kind of an experiment with these materials? And I don't know what the GRASS formula is? Perhaps you could enlighten me.
science - becca, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 4:50pm
we did an experiment. and the grass formula is:
Given: (what we already know)
Required: (wha we need to know)
Aanalysis: (how we figure it out, the formula ex. d = m x v)
Solution: ( do the formula)
statement: ( therefore...)
science - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 4:56pm
Thanks. Now if you will type in what you did with the experiment, perhaps we can help on that. I'm sure you either weighed the Al in one or more of the substances listed or you measured the volume of one or more of them, placed the Al in, and re-read the volume.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - An unknown substance has a mass of 16.3 g. The temperature of the ...
- Chemistry - Consider the densities of the liquid substances listed. a) How will ...
- Chemistry - Assume that a reaction occurs in which unknown substances R and S ...
- chemistry - An unknown substance has a mass of 28.1 g. The temperature of the ...
- science HElp - Ph scale Which on is true A substance with ph is twice as acidic ...
- Science - 13.)How can substance A and B be compared? Choose all that apply. A.)...
- Chemistry - Substances A and B, initially at different temperatures, come in ...
- chemistry grade 11 - i have a question about finding the concentration of a ...
- Algebra - Each ounce of a substance A supplies 2% of the nutrition a patient ...
- PLS HELP ASAP 1 SUPER HARD & ANNOYING QUESTION - Use the diagram to answer ...