Posted by alicia on Monday, September 28, 2009 at 10:09pm.
Cycle Paths, inc. makes bicycles, tricycles, and unicycles. Last week they made 88 more bicycles than unicycles, and 5 times as many tricycles as unicycles. If they made 40 more bicycles than tricycles, how many unicycles did they make?
- algebra - MathMate, Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:32am
Let summarize the data
B=number of bicycles made last week
T=number of tricycles
U=number of unicycles
Put (2) in (3) to eliminate T
Equate (1) and (4) to eliminate B
5U+40 = 88 + U
4U = 48
U = 12
Substitute U in (2)
T = 5*12 = 60
and in (1)
B = 88 + 12 = 100
So Cycle Paths made 12 Unicycles, 60 tricycles and 100 bicycles.
Please check these numbers against the original question.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - Someone please help me. Cycle Paths, Inc. makes bicycles, tricycles...
- algebra - Cycle Paths, Inc. makes bicycles, tricycles, and unicycles. Last week ...
- math - a cycle company make bicycles, tricycles an unicycles. Last week they ...
- 6th grade - Say you are at a bike shop. They sell tricycles, bicycles and ...
- hurestics - There are 74 tricycles and bicycles in a shop. There are 87 more ...
- math - At irvs cycle rental shop, Irv rents all kinds of cycles: unicycles, ...
- Math - Solve the following problem. The owner of a toy store is taking inventory...
- Math - At Irv's Rental Shop, Irv rents all kinds of cycles: unicycles, tandem ...
- Please help!! Math - Solve the following problem using a method of your choice...
- math 11 - Please help this question is from my unit on linear programing and I'm...