Posted by Jimmy on Sunday, September 27, 2009 at 4:52am.
Which hydrocarbon pair below have identical mass percentage of C?
A: C3H4 and C3H6
B: C2H4 and C3H4
C: C2H4 and C4H2
D: C2H4 and C3H6
E: None of the above
My answer is E...Can any one help me?
- chemistry. - DrBob222, Sunday, September 27, 2009 at 12:21pm
I think you are correct. To have the identical mass percentage of C the "other" compound must have a multiple of C with the same multiple of H and none of the answers qualify.
- chemistry. - Ian, Sunday, September 27, 2009 at 8:55pm
A trick to solving this type of problem is to reduce all of the ratios to either their simplest form or a percentage.
Ex. 3C/6H => 2C/4H => 1C/2H = 50% C
1/2 is the simplest form, and the molecule is 50% Carbon.
With this in mind, you should look over your options once more.
- chemistry. - Sahar, Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 9:22pm
all of above is wrong.
i have the same question for school.
- chemistry. - Amanda, Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 7:46pm
should be D: C2H4 and C3H6
both give you the ratio 1:2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - carbon 85.6% and H 14.4 % is their composition of mass. what is ...
- Chemistry - how many C2H4 molecules are contained in 45.8 mg C2H4 when the molar...
- Chemistry - In the dehydrogenation of ethane two reactions take place: C2H6 =>...
- Chemistry - The equation for the complete combustion of ethene (C2H4) is C2H4(g...
- Chemistry - C2H4(g) + H2O(l) → C2H5O(l) what is the rendition percentage ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following molecules has a double bond? 1. NO3- 4. H2 2...
- Chemistry! - Use the equation below and determine what volume of O2 at STP is ...
- chemistry - A 79.9-L sample of a gaseous hydrocarbon, measured at 1.00 atm ...
- chemistry - Consider the reaction, C2H4(g) + H2(g) ® C2H6(g), where DH = – 137 ...
- chemistry - If 15.0 grams of C3H6, 10.0 grams of oxygen, and 5.00 grams of NH3 ...