Posted by Jim_R on Friday, September 25, 2009 at 11:25pm.
do dendrites generate or conduct impulses
and do axons transmit to and from the cell body or do they transmit it away.
- biology - SraJMcGin, Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 2:10am
1. You might try this site:
- biology - SraJMcGin, Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 2:11am
P.S. And here for the 2nd part:
- biology - PsyDAG, Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 1:33pm
The neuron cell body and the dendrites are the recipients of the stimulation from other cells. Once a neuron fires, it goes in all directions within the neuron, like the ripples on a pond. However, transmission to other cells only occurs at the ends of the axons.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
- biology - Jim_R, Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 2:18pm
ok heres what i got from the book.
the post synaptic neuron receives a chemical signal and generates the electrical signal.
for the axon problem my teacher said sensory neurons transmit a signal along its axon to the cell body. The motor neuron tranmits a electrical signal away from the cell body to an effector.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - The horsepower (hp) that a shaft can safety transmit varies jointly ...
- Psychology - Information which comes to a neuron must arrive through its: (...
- Algebra 1 (Reiny) - A computer modem can transmit 1.5 x 10^6 bytes per second. ...
- health - While taking medications, people with HIV ________. A. Can transmit HIV...
- physics - Neurons are components of the nervous system of the body that transmit...
- Health part 2 - The three basic parts of a neuron include ________. A. Soma, ...
- Anatomy - Can someone help me answer these 4 questions I have? Skeletal muscle ...
- Science - To transmit genelogical information to other parts of the cell. What ...
- Science HELP! - The body's reaction to information is to send these to the brain...
- Science Check Please - 1. Your ____ is your first line of defense against ...