Posted by Molly on Friday, September 25, 2009 at 3:06pm.
In my math question it says:
Multiply. Simplify before multiplying. Use benchmarks to estimate to check the product is resonable.
a)3/4 x 8/5
is one of the equations
What are benchmarks?
- URGENT: Grade 8 Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 25, 2009 at 3:16pm
3/4 x 8/5
Let's estimate that since 8/5 is more than 1 that your answer is probably just over 1.
First cancel to simplify:
3/1 * 2/5 = 6/5 = 1 1/5
- URGENT: Grade 8 Math - DrBob222, Friday, September 25, 2009 at 3:16pm
3/4 x 8/5 = 24/20 = 12/10 = 6/5
You will need to supply your own benchmarks. I don't know how your teacher is using them.
- URGENT: Grade 8 Math - Nathan, Friday, September 25, 2009 at 4:00pm
im pretty sure that a bench mark is an estimate and to do this u muliply top and thats ur top nuber and multiply the bottom and thats ur bottom number I think sorry if im wrong
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Estimate 99 9/19 + 1/5, Use benchmarks to estimate the total
- Math estimate with benchmark - Could you please check ifI have these right? i ...
- Estimating DecimalsProducts and Quotients - Determine whether each product or ...
- Halp me or i fall - Write the number that makes the statement true. 1. 205.5 m...
- Math - I need help with this question: Estimate the product by rounding to the ...
- 5th grade Math - Find the product. Estimate to check. 0.12 X 04 _______ O.108 ...
- 6th grade math - how do you estimate a product when multiplying fractions?
- math-5 - Which choice is the answer? Show me please. Tara spent 3 hours doing ...
- 4th grade - reena says the product of 54 and 9 cannot be 487. she says that she ...
- math-5 - Tara spent 3 hours doing homework. She spent 1/3 of her time on math, ...