Posted by Molly on Friday, September 25, 2009 at 3:06pm.
In my math question it says:
Multiply. Simplify before multiplying. Use benchmarks to estimate to check the product is resonable.
a)3/4 x 8/5
is one of the equations
What are benchmarks?
URGENT: Grade 8 Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 25, 2009 at 3:16pm
3/4 x 8/5
Let's estimate that since 8/5 is more than 1 that your answer is probably just over 1.
First cancel to simplify:
3/1 * 2/5 = 6/5 = 1 1/5
URGENT: Grade 8 Math - DrBob222, Friday, September 25, 2009 at 3:16pm
3/4 x 8/5 = 24/20 = 12/10 = 6/5
You will need to supply your own benchmarks. I don't know how your teacher is using them.
URGENT: Grade 8 Math - Nathan, Friday, September 25, 2009 at 4:00pm
im pretty sure that a bench mark is an estimate and to do this u muliply top and that's ur top nuber and multiply the bottom and that's ur bottom number I think sorry if im wrong
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Estimate 99 9/19 + 1/5, Use benchmarks to estimate the total
- PLEASE CHECK OPERATIONS WITH FRACTIONS - 1. 619.5 km=__m A, 0.6195 B, 61.95 C, ...
- Math HELP! - Use benchmarks to estimate the sum, difference, or product. 1.) 1 7...
- Math estimate with benchmark - Could you please check ifI have these right? i ...
- Math - Use benchmarks to estimate each sum or difference. 4/5 + 8/9 a. about 1 1...
- math - Write the number that makes the statement true. 1. 205.5 m = _____ mm (1 ...
- Estimating DecimalsProducts and Quotients - Determine whether each product or ...
- Halp me or i fall - Write the number that makes the statement true. 1. 205.5 m...
- Math - I need help with this question: Estimate the product by rounding to the ...
- 5th grade Math - Find the product. Estimate to check. 0.12 X 04 _______ O.108 ...