Posted by allison on Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 10:32pm.
I have a couple of questions that I'm not sure how to do!
1) Given f(x) = (x^2 - 2x + 1) for x does not equal 1 and (k) for x = 1
Determine the value of k for which f is continuous for all real x.
e)none of the above
i think the anser is a but i'm really not sure how to solve this.
2) The graph of y = sinx / x has
I. a vertical asymptote at x=0
II. a horizontal asymptote at y=0
III. an infinite number of zeros
a) I only
b) II only
c) III only
d) I and II only
e) II and III only
I think the answer is d but I'm not positive.
If someone could please help me that would be greatly appreciated! :)
calculus - Reiny, Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 11:38pm
you are right on #2
as x gets larger, you are dividing by an increasingly larger number, so the result goes to zero
also sin(x) fluctuates between +1 and -1 so crosses the x-axis again and again.
are you sure you typed the function correctly?
The way you have it, it is simply a parabola, which would be continuous for every x.
Where does the k come in?
The question is quite confusing.
calculus - Hillary, Friday, September 25, 2009 at 12:30am
Haha I know! I did type it in right... It really is confusing because I don't have a clue what to do with the k!
But thank you for your help on question #2!! :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Would you be able to help me with a couple of questions? thanks in ...
- Piecewise Function - The following questions I don't understand, could you ...
- calculus - given h(x) =kx+1, X<1 (k is constant) X^2, x > and equal to 1 ...
- calculus - The marginal cost for a product is given by dC/dq = 1000/sqrt3q+20, ...
- Calculus - The marginal cost for a product is given by dC/dq = 1000/sqrt3q+20, ...
- calculus - Having trouble with a section in my summer assaignment, and my ...
- Algebra - Could you explain to me how to these type of problems? I checked in my...
- Limit - Determine a region whose area is equal to the given limit. lim x-> ...
- Algebra problems - I have some problems that I would like checked please. Find ...
- Calculus - I have a couple of questions and i wanted to know if my answers are ...