Posted by kinya030876 on Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 10:23pm.
Your group has been hired by an advertising firm that is developing a series of commercials for family-oriented products geared toward the entire family. They want to develop a series of commercials that will target family members at various life stages. Your group needs to thoroughly describe Erikson's theory of Psychosocial development. In your description of each stage, identify and analyze a television, movie, or literary character for each stage of the theory. Discuss how that character typifies the stage and how the character is resolving the conflict. The marketing firm will use this information as they develop commercials targeting each developmental stage. Finally, provide a review of three recent studies relating to Erikson’s theory of development from the list below.
The advertising firm has requested that you submit a 4 to 5 page report summarizing your research in this area. Therefore, your group should submit one combined Word document that conforms to the following directions:
· Give a description of Erikson’s theory, including the stages of development using the criteria listed above.
· Identify a character at each stage.
· Choose three of the following studies found in the Library article search engine Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection.
· For each one you choose, describe the study and discuss how it supports or does not support the information you have written in your report about Erikson. Specifically:
o Which particular aspects of the theory does the study examine?
o Do the experimental or discussion results strengthen or weaken the theory and you ideas? Why?
o Do you agree or disagree with the conclusions? Why or why not?
The following articles can be found using the Academic Search Premier Collection database, available on the Find Articles and Books page of the library.
· Reexamining Gender Issues in Erikson's Stages of Identity and Intimacy by Horst, Elisabeth A.
· Individuation and Attachment in Personality Development: Extending Erikson's Theory by Franz, Carol E.; White, Kathleen M.
· Egocentrism in Older Adults: Piaget’s Three Mountains Task Revisited by McDonald, Lorraine; Stuart-Hamilton, Ian.
· Piaget on Childhood by Siegler, Robert S.; Ellis, Shari.
· Vygotsky and Identity Formation: A Sociocultural Approach by Penuel, William R.; Wertsch, James V.
· Attachment, Social Rank, and Affect Regulation: Speculations on an Ethological Approach to Family Interaction by Sloman, Leon; Atkinson, Leslie; Milligan, Karen; Liotti, Giovanni.
· An Ethological Perspective by Stevenson-Hinde, Joan.
· Integrating Biological, Behavioral, and Social Levels of Analysis in Early Child Development: Progress, Problems, and Prospects by Granger, Douglas A.; Kivlighan, Katie T.
· Nonshared Environmental Influences on Individual Differences in Early Behavioral Development: A Monozygotic Twin Differences Study by Asbury, Kathryn; Dunn, Judith F.; Pike, Alison; Plomin, Robert.
· The Home Environments of Children in the United States Part II: Relations with Behavioral Development through Age Thirteen by Bradley, Robert H.; Corwyn, Robert F.; Burchinal, Margaret; McAdoo, Harriette Pipes; Garcia Coll, Cynthia.
· Relationships Among Paternal Involvement and Young Children's Perceived Self-Competence and Behavioral Problems by Culp, Rex E.; Schadle, Stephanie; Robinson, Linda; Culp, Anne M.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- psychology - Your group has been hired by an advertising firm that is developing...
- Unit 5 - Group project - Your group has been hired by an advertising firm that ...
- math - Roscoe must play 9 commercials during his 1-hr radio show. Each ...
- philosophy - What is the influence of television commercials on American culture...
- Finite - Assume that the producer has 7 skits and 5 commercials available. Skits...
- MATH - The length of Super Bowl commercials is said to be Normally distributed ...
- math - A typical one-hour television program devotes 10% of each hour to ...
- math - A typical 1-hour television program devotes 10% of each hour to ...
- math - of a radio show. Each commercial is either 30 seconds or 60 seconds long...
- Math - A Canadian television station shows 16 minutes of commercials every hour ...