Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 8:48pm.
can someone help me solve this problem
i got x=-16 but that didn't seem to be right
math - Emily, Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 8:50pm
That's correct. Here's the check:
-(-16)/2 + 4 = 12
16/2 + 4 = 12
8 + 4 = 12
12 = 12
math - Christiaan, Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 8:51pm
Your answer is right.
-x/2 + 4 = 12
so: -x/2 = 8
so: -x = 16
You can check this by filling in -16 in the equation:
-(-16)/2 + 4 = 16/2 + 4 = 8 + 4 = 12
math - Anonymous, Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 8:52pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - I am suposed to apply L'Hospitals rule to solve. I can't seem to ...
- algebra - Help me solve this problem please, I have tried so many time.I can not...
- Math - Hi, would someone mind just checking the answer I got for this formula ...
- Math Analysis - 4. Find f(x) + g(x) when f(x) = x^(1/2) and g(x) = 6x^(1/2...
- Algebra - |3x+8|=20; -4 Basically that 4 is asking whether that is a possible ...
- MATH * - 0=-16t^2+80t+96 Solve for t. Can someone please show me the steps on ...
- Chemistry - This is a problem I got on my Mastering Chemistry homework: Consider...
- Quick math help - Can someone please check my math Hw? Thank you!! Solve each ...
- Algebra Check - Solve the system 4x - 7y = 5 14y = 8x + 10 I got y = 10/-13 x...
- Physics - I thought I did the problem right, but I don't think I came out with ...