Posted by Jason on Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 7:29pm.
I have a word problem in my homework that confuses me.
How long is 1 billion seconds simplified into years then months then days, etc.
Years then months then days as in xx years xx months and xx days to count to 1 billion seconds. Just one answer not an answer each for years, months and days.
algebra - Christiaan, Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 8:40pm
well, first divide 1 billion by 3600*24*365=31536000. This is the number of seconds in one year. You will find that
So, now you know there are 31 whole years in that 1 billion seconds. Next you subtract that 31 years from your original 1 billion seconds.
1000000000-(31*3600*24*365)= 22384000 seconds remaining.
Now, you have to find out how many months are in those 22384000 seconds you have left.
there are on average 30 days in each month, so: 3600*24*30=2592000 seconds in each month. So:
You now know that you have 8 full months in you remaining seconds.
Now, 22384000-(8*30*24*3600)=1648000 seconds remaining.
There are 3600*24=86400 seconds in every day,
1648000/86400 = 19,07
So there are 19 full days in those 1648000 seconds remaining.
1648000-(19*24*3600)=6400 seconds remaining.
You can easily find that this is exactly 1 hour 46 min and 40 seconds.
So in total you have: 31 years, 8 months, 19 days, 1 hour, 46 min and 40 seconds in your 1 billion seconds
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Figure your age in months, days and hours. since I am 9 years old I found...
- math - Figure your age in months, days and hours. And I am 9 years old also ...
- Algebra - On her birthday today, Ali's age in months is twice her age in years ...
- Statistics - . A certain company makes 12-volt car batteries. After many years ...
- science - Shown below are the data giving the length of life of lights in an ...
- Statistics - Shown below are the data giving the length of life of lights in an ...
- programmimg - There are 15 pupils in the Introduction to Programming I module. ...
- Math--kind of - If someone was born on March 14, 1879 (A.D.) and died on April ...
- math - John's account of 98.50 has been delinquent for 3 months. After 90 days ...
- Math - During an average lifetime, a person sheds about 40 pounds of dead skin. ...