Posted by gnozahs on Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 11:20am.
Write a program that prompts the user to enter a temperature, followed by a letter representing Celsius
(C) or Fahrenheit (F). Then prompt the user for the conversion type and print the results to the screen
with one decimal point. If the user enters a letter other than 'C' or 'F', the program should print an error
You must use the switch statement for this program, and the program should be able to recognize
lowercase ('c' or 'f') or uppercase ('C' or 'F') letters for Celsius or Fahrenheit temperatures. If you
execute the program with the following inputs, the following information should be displayed:
Enter a temperature: 32.4
Enter 'C' for Celsius or 'F' for Fahrenheit: C
Choose a conversion ('C' for Celsius or 'F' for Fahrenheit): F
The temperature is: 90.3 F.
- C Programming - MathMate, Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 8:08pm
If you have started programming, you are probably aware that there are three steps to follow:
1. understand the requirements, the input supplied, and the output desired, including the format and the calculations involved. The result of this phase is documentation.
2. Plan how you will satisfy the requirements, design your algorithm and program flow. Most of the time these consist of the standard steps of input-calculations-output.
The result of this phase of work is a pseudocode. Something similar to a flow chart, but in words, and in a language similar to but independent of a computer language.
From the pseudocode, you will code the program so that it will execute smoothly according to the requirements. This phase will include thorough testing to ensure there are no syntax or logical errors in your coding. The result of this phase is an executable program.
Can you examine your project to see where you're at, and where you encounter difficulties? We will be glad to help at any stage of the project, but cannot without input from you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- java.please help - Write a Java program that prompts the user for a string. If ...
- programming MIPS ask - Write a MIPS assembly language program that will cover ...
- programming - Write a program which allows user to enter 10 student names and ...
- c++ programming - I need some help with my homework please Write a C++ program ...
- writting a program - Speed of Sound. Sound travels through air as a result of ...
- C Programming - This is what the program needs to do: Enter a temperature: 32.4 ...
- programming - creat a logic for a program that continuously prompts the user for...
- Programming - How would the flow charts and pseudocode look for this? The Metric...
- programming - Create the logic for a program that continuously prompts a user ...
- programming pseudocode - Create the logic for a program that continuously ...