Posted by Dylan on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 8:18pm.
I have a few problems im having trouble with, any help..?
If a peice of aluminum with mass 3.90g and a temperature of 99.3C is dropped into 10.0cm^3 of water at 22.6C, what will be the final temperature of the system?
If a peice of cadmium with a mass 65.6g and a temp. of 100.0C is dropped into 25.0 cm^3 of water at 23.0C, what will be the final temp.
3.a piece of unknown metal with mass 23.8g is heated to 100.0C and dropped into 50.0cm^3 of water at 24.0.The final temp is 32.5C. What is the specific heat.
Help, these are soo confusing!!
Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 9:13pm
mass metal x specific heat metal x (Tfinal-Tinitial) + mass water x specific heat water x (Tfinal-Tinitial) = 0
The above will solve any of these problems. Just plug in the numbers and solve for the one unknown.
Chemistry - Dylan, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 9:22pm
how do i know the specific heat?
Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 10:12pm
I'm surprised they aren't given in the problem. At any rate, look up the specific heat of Al from problem 1 and Cd from problem 2. Problem 3 gives you temperatures and you are to calculate specific heat. The specific heat of water is 4.184 Joules/grams or 1.0 calories/gram.
Chemistry - Kool CHem kIDD, Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 4:30pm
Number one is about 28.5 C
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - How do you solve this equation? A piece of aluminum with a mass of 3...
- Chemistry - 3.90g sample of Al with an unknown initial temperature is dropped ...
- physics - An aluminum calorimeter of mass 400g contains 200g of water at a ...
- Chemistry - Suppose a piece of lead with a mass of 14.9 g at a temperature of 92...
- Physics 2 - An unknown substance has a mass of 0.125 kg and an initial ...
- physics - if a piece of aluminum with mass 3.99g and a temperature of 100C are ...
- Chemistry - HELP!!! An unknown metal having a mass of 14.00g is dropped into 11....
- chemistry - Suppose a piece of lead with a mass of 14.9g at a temperature of 92....
- Chemistry - 1)Suppose a piece of lead with a mass of 14.9 g at a temperature of ...
- Physics - 1). A hot iron horseshoe (mass=.40kg), just forged, is dropped into 1....