Posted by DMAR on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 8:06pm.
Please show equation and solve for the following
1. Lyn's age is 8 years less than 15 times the age of her niece Elizabeth. If the sum of their ages is 24, what is Elizabeth's age ( Let e= Elizabeth's age)
2. Bob is renting a canoe for $20, plus $9.75 per day. How mant days did Bob rentthe canoe if he spent&78.50 altogether? (Let d = number of days Bob rented the Canoe)
- Math _Algebra Word Problem - Reiny, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 8:16pm
looks like you are solving
15e-8 + e = 24
78.75 = 9.75d + 20
what did you get?
- Math _Algebra Word Problem - DMAR, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 8:46pm
Answer for #1 is Elizabeth is 2 and Lyn is 22
For #2 am not sure for this one, please solve
- Math _Algebra Word Problem - Reiny, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 8:54pm
78.50 = 9.75d + 20
78.50 - 20 = 9.75d
9.75d = 58.50
d = 58.50/9.75 = 6
so he rented the canoe for 6 days
- Math _Algebra Word Problem - jessica, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 6:28pm
i need help in something
- Math _Algebra Word Problem - Nina nina, Friday, August 22, 2014 at 4:51pm
Joe is 9 years older then sue.their age totals 41 .how old 8 each persob
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade-Algebra Worth Problem - Please show equation and solve for the ...
- math - if lynns age is 8 years less than 15 times the age of her neice Elizabeth...
- math - Karen's age is 7 years more than 9 times the age of her niece Emma.If the...
- Math - Sheila's age is two years more than twice Nicole's age. The sum of their ...
- MATH - Solve each questions by age equation problem: 1. Jonathan is 3 years ...
- Algebra - Mario is 16 years older than his sister Mercedes. Together, their ages...
- math - uncle tom's age is 7 years less than 6 times his nephews age. the sum of ...
- Math - Could someone please help me solve this problem, the age numbers that I ...
- math - age problem - 3 years ago, Vin’s age is 3 times the age of Paul. At the ...
- maths - A man's age is 4 times the combined age of a two sons. One of whom is 3 ...