Posted by vedrana on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:30am.
Lynn is tired of the nasty remarks she receives from a female coworker.She has tried talking to the woman,returning nasty remarks and doing nice little things for her.Nothing has worked.Finally Lynn decides to ignore the remarks to see if that will extinguish her coworker's rude behavior.To Lynn's surprice,the nasty remarks:
A)stop at once
B) increase intensity
C)have been positively reinforced
D) keep coming at the same rate
I THINK CORRCT ANSWER IS B or C
psychology - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:32am
Why do you think it's B or C?
psychology - vedrana, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:34am
Because reinforcement whether positive or negative increase it.
psychology - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:36am
It seems that this coworker wants the attention that Lynn gave her before. But now that Lynn is ignoring her she's not getting any reinforcement for her rude behavior.
psychology - PsyDAG, Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 11:35am
Depending on how the behavior was reinforced, extinction will take varying amounts of time. It is most likely to stop over a short period of time rather than "at once." See these articles:
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Psychology - 8. Lynn is tired of the nasty remarks she receives from a female ...
- psychology - How do insensitive remarks illustrate some of the social, emotional...
- help - 1.Lynn's teacher likes to give lectures and rarely uses the overhead or ...
- Help Please - 1.Lynn's teacher likes to give lectures and rarely uses the ...
- check my answer plz - Lynn’s teacher likes to give lectures and rarely uses the ...
- Canadian Pacific Railway - How did the CPR employment practices discriminate ...
- To Brittany and Ryan - Because of your unacceptable remarks about another ...
- physics - a nasty little boy tries to drop a water balloon from the top of a 20 ...
- Math - Lynn was shopping and found a purse that was marked with a discount of "1...
- Language Arts Answer check PLEASE - 1) What can you infer from this sentence ...