Posted by Krystle on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:05am.
The El Paso middle school girls basketball team is going from El Paso to San Antonio for the Texas state championship game. The trip will be 560 miles.their bus travels at an average speed of 60 miles per hour.
The bus route also travels through Balmorhea, which is 1/3 of the way from El Paso to San Antonio. About how long does it take the bus to get to Balmorhea?
math * - Mary, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:38am
Use the formula:
Rate x Time = Distance traveled
Rate is always the something per something- miles per hour, meters per second, etc.
For the stop at Balmorhea, you must first figure the distance. Use the question itself for your answer.
Balmorhea IS 1/3 OF the way from EP to SA.
Is means equals, of means to multiply.
Balmorhea's distance = 1/3 x the total distance
Now you can plug Balmorhea's distance into the RT = D formula I gave you above.
Let me know if you need more help :-)
math * - Reiny, Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:46am
time for whole trip =560/60 hours = 28/3 hours
to Balmoral is 1/3 of the distance, therefore 1/3 of the total time
(1/3)((28/3) = 28/9 = 3.11111 hours or
appr. 3 hours, 7 minutes
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The El Paso Middle School girls' basketball team is going from El Paso to...
- algebra - the elspaso middle school girls basketball team is going from el paso ...
- 6th grade math - A girl's basketball team is playing in the Texas state ...
- math (a whoole lot) - the el paso middle school girls basketball team is going ...
- math - the el paso middle school girls baxketball team is going from el paso to ...
- 7th grade math - A little more help please. The trip will be 560 miles. Their ...
- Algebra - A.Driving from El Paso to San Antonia on a bus ...560 miles traveling ...
- Math - the trip will be 560 miles the bus travels at an average speed of 60 ...
- math - the trip will be 560 miles the bus travels at a average speed of 60 miles...
- math - the bus route also passes through balmorhea which is 1 3rd of the way ...